What's New at artisan & vine?

This blog site includes news on latest wines, food, events, offers and happenings at artisan & vine. It also includes stories of my wine adventures in and outside the bar, wine facts and wine profiles.

Saturday 1 May 2010

Our best seller: Clos du Chapeau, Domaine de l'Arlot

Since sunshine has again abandoned us, I'm going back to red. I thought it was worth sharing thoughts on what has become our Online Shop's Best Seller: Clos du Chapeau from Domaine de l'Arlot in Prémeaux-Prissey, Burgundy.

Domaine de l'Arlot is an absurd place. No where in the world should be this beautiful. I can't even think of a way to be more Burgundian than these guys manage. The estate is regal but not overstated; the gardens are manicured yet decorated by stone carvings from hundreds of years of children playing there; the wines are elegant and opulent all at once. For me, a bottle of these wines is a bottle of Burgundy. Beautiful, sumptuous red Burgundy.

I have to agree with our customer's excellent taste: Clos du Chapeau is absolutely one of my favourite wines on our list. It is strawberries and smoke all at once, & for me is a more enjoyable drink than many of its Premier Cru companions.

There's a reason wine lovers love Pinot Noir so much & this wine can show you. Perfection in a bottle, ready for you to drink now (though it will age if, like me, you'd like to keep some for home).


No comments: